Puff pastry omelets recipe
The puff pastry omelets have become our favorite breakfast during the days of quarantine. The best part and the biggest advantage is that you can have a huge and very satisfying omelette with only 2 eggs. Once a week when we go shopping, we need to use fresh ingredients, like eggs, in moderation. It’s great to be able to use 2 eggs and make a big, hearty omelets in these conditions. Therefore the big question arises how to make omelette fluffy. However Making fluffy omelette is easy thing to do.
Hence to answer to this question you have to read all the process below.
Puff pastry tortilla consistency
In addition to this advantage, the beauty of its consistency is also worth mentioning. What makes a puff pastry omelets puffy is the use of egg whites to foam it up. Just like in the cloud pancake recipe. The puff pastry tortilla has a soft consistency with small bubbles that burst in the mouth. The sandwiched cheese melts and takes on a fluid consistency.
Egg whites are beaten to a shaving consistency and foamed, then mixed with other ingredients. At this stage, the mixture has a foamy but fluid consistency. After pouring the mixture into the pan, the bottom turns brown in no time and takes on a nice color. But the top is still flowy. This is how the tortilla is folded. The interior is cooked after the folding stage. Since the top is still fluid in consistency and quite thick, it doesn’t stay still after folding, so it needs to be supported with a spatula from the back to allow the roast and interior to cook. But don’t worry, it cooks very quickly.
I used a mix of mozzarella and cheddar as the cheese in the middle but this is completely up to you, you can use any melted cheese like cheddar or similar. It doesn’t even need to be melted, in fact, other cheeses like white cheese and cottage cheese can be used.
Aside from cheese, you can use spinach, cooked chorizo, bacon, roast minced meat, and all sorts of ingredients that I can’t think of right now that could be used in a regular tortilla. Hence this totally depends on your taste.
- 2 eggs,
- 1 tablespoon of flour,
- 1 Turkish coffee cup of milk,
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil,
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar or any meltable cheese.
Preparation of Omelete
1. Separate the egg whites and yolks,
2. Whisk egg yolks, flour and milk in a bowl until smooth,
3. Add salt and whisk,
4. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until they have the consistency of shaving foam,
5. Add the egg whites little by little to the other mixture and whisk until you get a homogeneous mixture,
6. Heat the olive oil in a 20 cm non-stick frying pan,
7. Pour the mixture into the pan and smooth the top,
8. Cook until the bottom is nicely browned (you can check it by lifting it from the edges with a silicone spatula),
9. Sprinkle cheese on top,
10. Fold the omelet in half with the spatula,
11. With the help of a spatula, place the junction of the layers on the edge of the pan and cook until golden brown and the layers stick together.
Find out The Best US Cities for Foodies 2022